Saturday, April 28, 2012

Fashion At Disney World

Jo-Lynne over at Musings of a Housewife has posted a helpful tutorial on proper fashion at Disney World.

I have to admit, I've had my fair share of Disney fashion disasters. I could have used a post like that many years ago. Instead, I have a parade of some embarrassing and maybe not so embarrassing photos to share with you.

Look at this mess:

August 2001
Me in Epcot
Nothing cute about this.
Although compared to the people around me...
I guess I'm not so bad!


May 2005
To be fair, I think I did OK on this trip.
I wore a lot of pink.
It is one of my favorite colors, after all. :)

The Incredibles

Belle

Me, Dale, and Aidan


September 2008
Adam and I went to Disney World for our honeymoon.
I think I did really well here.
(If you ignore the bridal ears)

Hunny Bear Pooh Love


August 2009
This is the year I ran into some trouble.
BIG trouble.
I have no clue what I was thinking, buying those shorts.
Or what Old Navy was doing, selling the ugly ass things.

Working It
NO NO NO NO!!!!
The shirt.
The hair.
The shorts.
THE POSE.
ALL SO VERY WRONG!!!

The Fam and Belle
This shirt could have been cute....
IF I HADN'T BEEN BUSTING OUT OF THE THING.

Up!
I have no words.
Only shame.


January 2011
This was a tricky time of year because the weather was SUPER unpredictable.

Hanging with New Orleans Royalty!
This is mostly what I wore, give or take a hoodie or heavy duty coat. Me & Minnie Mouse
I mean, I know it looks crazy.
But a sister had to keep warm, you know what I'm sayin'?


June 2011
Summer time. When I knew it'd be hot
...and I could redeem myself for the ugly ass Old Navy shorts!
By now, I'd learned some stuff.
NO MORE UGLY shorts. ABSOLUTELY NEVER ALLOWED.
Also no shapeless, boxy tee-shirts!
It's possible to look cute and be comfortable!
(Although I refused to give up the Keens.
Ugly as those suckers are, they're really comfortable and much cuter than Crocs.)

Aidan and Me
LOVE my look here!

Hanging with Aurora
Meh. Not bad, but definitely not great either.
I'm trying, dang it!

Look! It's Stitch!
I remember this day.
I was quite cranky at parts.
Probably cause the tank top was a lot less flattering than I'd hoped.
Oh well.


February 2012
This was the trip when my luggage got lost.
Unless I wanted to spend a fortune in gift shops
...my choices were very limited.

Mickey and Minnie
You're going to laugh.
But this was my favorite outfit from that trip.
I do adore this striped sweater!

Hearts from Chip
I think I look pretty OK here too, thanks to my friend Keri, who brought me clothes! NICE clothes!

So there you have it. I wouldn't take ANY fashion advice from me, because clearly, I'm too hit or miss with the whole thing. Instead, hop on over to Musings of a Housewife and listen to Jo-Lynne. Although I disagree with her opinion on that adorable Mickey Mouse shirt, everything else is SPOT ON.

And darned if composing this didn't make me homesick for a Disney Park. ANY Disney Park. Soon, my friends. I'll be back there soon. :) Til next time! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...