Friday, October 8, 2010

The Disney Store at the Block 37 Shops!

The Disney Store at Block 37


Several days ago, on my way home from work, I noticed that a new Disney Store was opening up. There was a big blue covering in the windows, and a sign for a casting call. I briefly entertained the idea of applying, but knew that I'd not be available until the winter. So I nixed the idea. The casting call came down not long after I saw it, anyway. Then the blue covering came down. I could see sparkly chandeliers and pretty blue princess dresses in the window. I had to get in there!

The Disney Store at Block 37 opened on September 28, 2010. I didn't know about this, or I would have totally been there! Instead, I sauntered in today on my lunch break. It had been kind of a rough morning for me and I needed a little bit of Disney magic to help me through the rest of the day.

This new Disney Store is simply beautiful. The first thing I noticed was the way it smelled. I can't describe the scent of the store, only that it reminded me of being AT Disney World, in one of their stores. It's decorated beautifully. I couldn't resist getting my camera out and taking a few pictures.

The Disney Store at Block 37


The Disney Store at Block 37


The Disney Store at Block 37


The staff was friendly, smiley, and a bit overwhelmed. *I* was overwhelmed! There is Ridemakerz, an interactive section of the store where you can build and customize your favorite Cars character. There is a section for little (and big) princesses to make some magic happen with some magic mirrors. And a huge sitting area where kids can draw, watch Disney stuff on a huge HD screen, and even choose what they wanted to watch with big remote controls that looked like giant iPhones.


I had a fun time browsing the store. It transported me out of Chicago and the middle of the workday just for a few minutes. After purchasing a cute little plush Halloween Minnie Mouse and a Trick or Treat bag, I headed back out into the city.

I'm very glad this store is here. I'll be going back!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...